Japanese winter apparel upstart seeks growth in Asian markets

Japanese winter apparel upstart seeks growth in Asian markets

May 17, 2022

Four Seasons expands product line into golf wear and suits By HIROKI HATANAKA, Nikkei staff writer | May 16, 2022 09:18 JST SAPPORO -- Japanese apparel maker Four Seasons is capitalizing on its competitive clothing developed for snowboarders to expand its product line into golf wear, suits...Read More

The 37th IAF World Fashion Convention to be held in Bangladesh, Nov'22

The 37th IAF World Fashion Convention to be held in Bangladesh, Nov'22

May 17, 2022

16 May 2022, Mumbai The 37th IAF World Fashion Convention will be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh in November 2022. IAF will host the Convention in collaboration with the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (Brand BGMEA) and the Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers and Exporters...Read More

Circular economy approach for US textiles

Circular economy approach for US textiles

May 14, 2022

Robin Latchem – May 13, 2022 Only about 15% of used clothes and other textiles in the United States get reused or recycled – the other 85% goes to landfill or an incinerator, according to a new report. Researchers from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)...Read More

Future tense for textile value chain as cotton price zooms

Future tense for textile value chain as cotton price zooms

May 14, 2022

Even the government’s decision to abolish import duty on cotton has not provided the much-needed reprieve to the ailing textile industry, the second biggest employment generator after the agriculture sector. Written by Sajan C Kumar | May 13, 2022 8:26:01 am NAYAN DAVE...Read More

European apparel brands reduce garment offtake from Tirupur, Noida.

European apparel brands reduce garment offtake from Tirupur, Noida.

May 13, 2022

By Sutanuka Ghosal | ET Bureau Last Updated: May 13, 2022, 10:21 AM IST Synposis: As all the big global brands have closed shutters in Russia, the order flow from Europe has dwindled. Tirupur exporters fear that in FY23 exports may come down by 20%-25% if this trend continues. The garment...Read More

Crisis after COVID-19 for Sri Lankan women who dress the West

Crisis after COVID-19 for Sri Lankan women who dress the West

May 12, 2022

REUTERS | COLOMBO MAY 09, 2022 15:13 IST UPDATED: MAY 09, 2022 17:31 IST Thousands of garment workers faced reprisals and worked in tough conditions as COVID-19 protocols were violated and outbreaks swept through factories, said a report by a global labour rights group this month The...Read More

Govt. to study proposal for direct sale of cotton by CCI to textile mills

Govt. to study proposal for direct sale of cotton by CCI to textile mills

May 11, 2022

By Special Correspondent Coimbatore  | May 09, 2022 21:41 IST The issue of shortage and high price of cotton and cotton yarn will be studied and the government will explore if it is possible for Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) to sell the cotton that it procures directly to textile...Read More

Embellished exhibit focuses on adornments, designer pieces

Embellished exhibit focuses on adornments, designer pieces

May 11, 2022

Items on display at Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum May 28 to Sept. 18 Published 4:20 am ET May 7, 2022 Contributed to the Coshocton TribuneSubmitted by the Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum COSHOCTON — A new exhibit on textiles is opening at the Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum, 300 N....Read More

13 states, including Karnataka, give presentation on setting up textile park under PM-MITRA

13 states, including Karnataka, give presentation on setting up textile park under PM-MITRA

May 10, 2022

The park will be a one-stop shop for all manufacturing activities and reduce logistics cost By Annapurna Singh MAY 06 2022 As many as 13 states, including Karnataka, gave presentations on setting up of the PM Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (PM-MITRA) scheme, which has been...Read More

Yarn price hike: knitwear manufacturers in Tiruppur to go on strike from May 16

Yarn price hike: knitwear manufacturers in Tiruppur to go on strike from May 16

May 03, 2022

By R. AKILEISH TIRUPPUR MAY 02, 2022 22:39 IST | UPDATED: MAY 02, 2022 22:39 IST Condemning the increase in yarn price by ₹40 a kg for all counts, the knitwear manufacturers in Tiruppur will go on a strike from May 16 to 21. Knit Cloth Manufacturers’ Association president Ahill S....Read More

Copyrights © 2022 GLOBAL TEXTILE SOURCE. All rights reserved.